Enterprise IT professionals are turning to managed services for their SD-WAN deployments. At the same time, a new Cato Networks survey finds legacy telco services inadequately address customer expectations around speed, agility, and overall value.
“The digital business demands a faster, more agile network to drive growth and compete effectively in the marketplace. Legacy telcos rely on rigid, fragmented, and expensive bundles of point solutions — an approach incompatible with the digital business. To support digital business transformation, IT needs networks that are natively built with the global reach, self-service, and agility of the cloud,” says Shlomo Kramer, CEO of Cato Networks.
SD-WAN alone cannot address the networking challenges confronting the digital business, pushing respondents to source SD-WANs through service providers:
- Nearly half of respondents (44%) indicated that they had or were considering deploying SD-WAN within the next 12 months. Last year the number was just over a quarter of respondents.
- The overwhelming majority of respondents (85%) indicated they would be confronting networking use cases in 2019 ignored or addressed poorly by SD-WAN.
- 3 out of 4 respondents are sourcing SD-WAN through service providers. Providers are generally better equipped to integrate SD-WAN with other solutions to address broader IT challenges.
Security is essential to WAN transformation and must be considered together with any SD-WAN acquisition:
- 1 in 2 respondents will need to provide secure Internet access from any location.
- Defending against malware/ransomware (70%) and enforcing corporate security policies on mobile users (49%) are respondents’ primary security challenges.
- Nearly half of respondents (45%) pointed to the “cost of buying and managing security appliances and software” as a major security challenge.
With IT tasked with delivering a superb user experience, cost reduction is no longer the primary motivation for SD-WAN:
- Only 1 in 3 respondents indicated that their motivation for purchasing SD-WAN was to address excessive WAN-related costs.
- The highest ranked motives for SD-WAN involved improving Internet access (46%), followed by the need for additional bandwidth (39%) and improved last-mile availability (38%).
Why Easy IT Support?
We understand how important keeping your applications, computer systems, hardware, phones and websites operating at peak performance is to your business! We are a IT company that does more than just respond when things break, we are your IT partner!
WE MANAGE AND SUPPORTOUR TROOPSAPPLICATIONSCLOUD APPLICATIONSEMAILHARDWARESERVERSWIRINGWIRELESSVIDEO SURVEILLANCEVOIPVIRUS PROTECTIONAND MORE
Locations: Wheaton, IL. - St. Charles, IL. - Carol Stream, IL. - Scottsdale, AZ.
The AEP program is designed to train participating resellers on Microsoft’s Academic licensing, authorize them to purchase and resell Microsoft Academic licenses, and demonstrate to potential customers that they are approved and knowledgeable academic partners.
Why did Easy IT Support partner with RingCentral? To help our customer...
- Minimize expenses—no up-front hardware to buy, no maintenance costs, and affordable monthly charges.
- Keep your IT organization nimble by more quickly deploying new extensions and locations.
- Save valuable IT resources through streamlined network management and support.
- Stay safe and current with automated software updates and multiple layers of security.
- Empower your employees to get their work done on their own terms, faster and more efficiently.
You need a MS SQL experts?
SQL performance tuning can be an incredibly difficult task, particularly when working with large-scale data where even the most minor change can have a dramatic (positive or negative) impact on performance. Let Easy IT Support help you with your database tuning needs!
Easy IT Support is an Authorized Reseller of Microsoft Surface Products.
We are ready to provide Microsoft Surfaces to suit the needs of your business. Call us today for a hardware quote.
Find a Carbonite backup plan that's right for you.
We've partnered with Carbonite to keep businesses running smoothly. Whether it's computer protection, server backup or both, you can easily find the solution that meets your needs.
All the IT Support your business needs, in one place!!
Let us provide you a free estimate. We would love to see how we can help.
Are you ready to re-imagine your applications in the Cloud?
Upgrade your emailing to Exchange Online? We are a Certified Microsoft Partner and can help you move your mail to Exchange Online.
Call us today 1-844-997-8776